Kinetic Fire is a flow and fire arts festival that takes place each spring, fortunately for me, only about an hour from where I reside. I’m now counting down the hours until I’ll be in my car and on my way to several days of zen. Here are 5 reasons that I’m stoked about Kinetic Fire 2013:
1. Meeting hundreds of other flow and fire artists from around the country, and even the world.
2. Being able to take workshops that span what I love, from hula hooping to spinning poi, from advanced fire eating techniques to yoga.
3. Doing all of this outside, under the beautiful sun and sky, and among the tree-lined fields of the campground. (Please don’t rain, please don’t rain, please don’t rain.)
4. Walking the ground in between workshops and seeing dozens of spontaneous groups of people sharing their knowledge with each other, and simply playing.
5. The serene, magical experience of watching an impressive group of fire dancers performing solo or as partners, but all together in a body of fire under the stars. I’ve never seen anything like it.
Well hell, now that I’ve “verbalized” all of my excitement and energy, my adrenaline is pumping and I’m ready to go NOW. But, I will wait. And when I return and the dust has settled, I will write.
Here’s a video from last year; Marvin Ong posted it on YouTube. 🙂